Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Indian Grand Prix - Race Reports

5 posters

Go down

Indian Grand Prix - Race Reports Empty Indian Grand Prix - Race Reports

Post by DeKKadent (GP2 Mod) Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:52 am

Please post your race reports here:
DeKKadent (GP2 Mod)
DeKKadent (GP2 Mod)

Back to top Go down

Indian Grand Prix - Race Reports Empty Re: Indian Grand Prix - Race Reports

Post by Rob-Lee77 (DRT) Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:24 am

made a decent start lots of space available but the door was abruptly closed causing a big accident involving around 4 cars.came in early as I every time I caught weasel I kept making erorrs so I came in early around lap8 I think.then I hated being on primes so around 8 laps l8r I came in again for some more options.had an enjoyable battle with dek got past but my tyres eventually gave up.
Rob-Lee77 (DRT)
Rob-Lee77 (DRT)

Back to top Go down

Post by bobjim123 (LM) Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:14 am

Qualy 4th: Was gutted as I should of had pole was .2 up first sector and lost nearly a second on the long right hander, ended up .5 off pole and next to my title rival.

Race 1st: First corner was carnage, wasn't sure how to take it as I hadn't done much practice, didn't realise where every1 was behind me and this caused me aswell as 3 or 4 others to spin but somehow Sean got away. Came out the incident in 4th and had to catch Weasel and Brian, got weasel in the middle sector and Brian up the inside of the hairpin on the following lap. Sean was 6secs clear, I stopped lap 11 and just came out infront of weasel (who hadn't pitted) Sean went in lap 12 and came out 3 secs infront, I turned my fuel up and got on the back of him then passed him on the first corner, the battle begun. Kept infront until I made a mistake and then another which gave him a bit of breathing space caught back up to him and forced him into a mistake. Started pulling away only to start lagging because of an inv (Thanks James) The last 3 laps were me defending for my life as Sean had DRS. On the last lap Sean got passed on the long straight I swooped up the inside and we went into the next corner side by side, managed to pull infront, Sean then made a mistake on the 2nd to last corner which enabled me to take my normal line on the last corner and cut into his championship lead...... Just.

bobjim123 (LM)

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanbbb90 Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:28 am

qually 3rd race 2nd. bob uve sed it all for me aswell accept for me i got away lukely at the start lol
it was a fun race battling with bob but overall im not happy with the result as i led most ov the race only to miss owt by abit at the end when we was side by side he sqeezed me to much i felt so i couldn't get by n i ended up with to wheels on the grass from this

Seanbbb90

Back to top Go down

Post by Reddweasel Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:49 am

Quality - 6th crashed on first flying lap and as heading to the pits with no front wing noticed Eva put in a 1:28 seeing as my best was only a 1:29 and was not going to get near the front l decided to go on primes and quality 6th.

Race - 3rd. If you had offered me this before the race l would have bitten you're hand off! Pile up at turn 1 let me into 2nd briefly before bri and bob quickly passed. Battled with bri early on before he made a mistake going wide in penultimate corner and I broke away with rob after me. Kept rob behind until he pitted on lap 8 and after they had pitted got a good view of the battle between the front two before I pitted onto my options. Came out 5 secs up on mansel but with optionsto his primes I managed to pull away and maintain about a 10 sec gap to he, rob and latterly deck. Was surprised and pleased to see some consistency from me again, as it appears it had gone on it's summer hols for a while! I was never in winning contention, especially seeing the quality times but with a bit of luck dodging cars tithe first corner and consistency throughout I picked up a long-time coming podium. I just hope this form continues to the end of the season.

Redd.
Reddweasel
Reddweasel

Back to top Go down

Post by DeKKadent (GP2 Mod) Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:58 am

Sorry for the late post been working loads...

Quali - 6th: Chanced my arm with qualifying on primes thinking i can have a quick sprint finish on the options. Pleased with 6th.

Race - 4th: I had a decent start from the line and hit the first corner in 2nd place only to be hit from behind by bob as he was coming off from another incident ,rejoined 2nd to last! Got my head straight back on the race n managed to get to 4th after pit stops ,had a brilliant tussle with mansell then some great racing with rob where his tyres eventually fell off. Also pleased to grab the fastest lap of the race Smile

Would like to add this was by far the best race ive been involved in throughout my short racing life ,by far super seeds my previous wins in al3 last season.
What a debut ,buzzing ,thanks lads for a great race and see you all in Abu Dhabi ,peace.
DeKKadent (GP2 Mod)
DeKKadent (GP2 Mod)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down