Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Valencia GP - Race Reprts

+2
mva335i
Rob-Lee77 (DRT)
6 posters

Go down

Valencia GP - Race Reprts Empty Valencia GP - Race Reprts

Post by Rob-Lee77 (DRT) Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:11 pm

post below.....
Rob-Lee77 (DRT)
Rob-Lee77 (DRT)

Back to top Go down

Valencia GP - Race Reprts Empty Re: Valencia GP - Race Reprts

Post by mva335i Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:49 am

I want to apologize to everyone for my on track behavior. Despite the extensive practicing during the past week i felt like i was driving a different car at the startline. Couldn't make it work especially when i was near other cars. The biggest apology has to go to rob for pushing him out of the track twice. Although i got a drive through penalty i retired from the race so no points can be awarded at the end of it. Again, i'm very sorry. I'l try my absolute best so that this wont happen again.

mva335i

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanbbb90 Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:53 am

qually 6th.RACE 5th..race start gt gud start my team mate went right  to the right dno why  fink he spun gt to turn 1 then a car nearlly tuk me owt bt i fink it hit rob then a bit up road a nother car tuk sum 1 else owt mate it was lyk bumpy cars...then race was simple racin with adam bt i crashed then to other cars red n a williams gt by (a lap or so before sum1 was sayin sean calm dwn n stuff i fort wat u on bout im nt doin owt must av gt me mixed up with sum 1 else!) anyway i pitted then it was a case of managing the gap to i fink was brian he was fast catching bt he must av crashed then laps later he was catchin at a rapid pace bt then agen he was far bak i fink he crashed. then i saw a smashed wing on the floor (it was thee masks) who was infront so gaind 5th off im i new this isnt my stronest track so to get 5th im happy

Seanbbb90

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob-Lee77 (DRT) Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:00 am

endless hours of preparation,destroyed in minutes.nothing more to say.
Rob-Lee77 (DRT)
Rob-Lee77 (DRT)

Back to top Go down

Valencia GP - Race Reprts Empty Valencia GP - Race Report

Post by Reddweasel Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:38 pm

What a hard week. This is almost certainly my least favourite track, really struggled round here and only felt the car coming to me late Saturday, early hours of Sunday morning. The best I could manage (a one off) was a 1:38.8

Quali - 4th.
Pleasantly surprised by this. On loading into quali I popped to the loo thus leaving the pits a couple mintues into the session. I think this delay worked as I could see several dots close together on the otherside of the track impying people were struggling to find room. With the track to myself my first fast lap got me a 1:39.5 that I could not better again.

Race - 4th
Eventful race, at the start my car drifted/slided to the right and was probabaly lucky not to hit anyone. I fell back to about 6th and found myself on the righthand side of the track at turn 2. I braked in plenty of time and got down to 1st gear ready for the tight turn when I was shunted by someone behind: This pushed me across the turn causing me to brush the wall and bump into and block Adam. Fortunately I don't think either of us received any damage.
At turn 5 (2nd gr righthander) I got too close to Burty and just nudged him causing him to slide slightly. I braked to let him past but noticed he must have saved the car as he was very quickly in front. Because I braked the chain of cars behind past me quickly and by the bridge I was back down in roughly 9th. I went deep again into the righ hand 2nd gr corner at the beginning of the second long straight and found myself back behind Thee Mask in 11th.

Fortunately from here I did start to get some rythym to my driving. I shortly passed Rob and MVA who had gone deep into turn 2 the follwoing lap, Brian and someone else had a coming together at the beginning of sector 3 a couple laps later.
Due to mistakes by others a few laps in caught up and passed Victorius ('Vic') when he went deep into the final turn. Vic and I then had a the start of a great race long battle to lap 12 when I pitted for Primes, noting Vic was on Primesa nd would be on Options later. Just before pitting we both passed Sean who appeared to have had made a mistake and broken his wing and so pitted right behind Thee Mask in 4th position. Thee Mask must have had a wing change as my pit crew got me out in front of him. I pulled a gap to Thee Mask knowing I had a race on with Vic. Lap 17 Vic came out of the pits secs behind me but on Options. After a few laps he passed me DRS zone but over the next couple of laps we battled for 3rd, changing positions as he made the odd mistake going deep into one of the hairpins. Eventually he pulled a gap and I had Thee Mask only 2 secs behind, catching because of Vic and I battling. Sunddenly Thee Mask must of had an accident and dropped way back (Overtaken by Sean). With this relief I moved from defense to offense and pulled the gap back to Vic to only 1.5 secs, knowing his options were beginning to wear. Unfortunately I went deep into the final corner at the end of the penultimate lap and our race was over. I hit the wall at the start of sector 3 on my final lap and was lucky I didn't destroy the car. With 35 secs on Sean and with a broken front wing I nursed the car home for a respectable 4th, that if offerred few days ago I would have bitten your hand off for!
Good 4th and 5th for team Lotus that keeps us in the Championship hunt and a well enjoyed race long battle with Vic; thanks mate, good clean racing when elsewhere it appears all hell was breaking loose!

Redd.
Reddweasel
Reddweasel

Back to top Go down

Post by X_Adam-_-1993_X Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:56 am

Quali 5th had a allright session i know i was not going to get any higher 

Race 2nd 
Got a good start off the line i had move to the left because red went on the right got to turn 1 and got kock off i was going mad then that put me in last place en by the end off the lap was 5th with brian behind me then got to 1st corner and Rob and MVA went off got up to 3rd brian was still behind me then i was caseing down 2nd VIC he was 10 seconds in front court up to him by 4 laps he pitted then this is where i had to push my tyres to catch bob up 15 seconds in front 15 laps to do it so i put it in to rich and was casing him down by lap 22 it was only 5 seconds behind and by en my tyres was gone then i was just taking it easy to the frinsh 

i was over the moon to get 2nd i was only expected 5th i was doing so badly in practice sessions loving the car at the minute i need all the points i can get to win the league at the minute im going the right way 

see u all in Sliverstone
X_Adam-_-1993_X
X_Adam-_-1993_X

Back to top Go down

Post by bobjim123 (LM) Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:51 pm

Qualfied Pole - Before i said i would be happy to get into the 38s as no-one sets a PB so when i did i quickly retired.

Race - 1st - Got away quickly due to collisions and was 5secs clear at end of 1st lap and 10 clear by the 5th lap, due to gap was able to be nice to the tyres and preserved them well. Came out 1st after my pitstop with my team mate just behind but he hadnt pitted, pulled away from him. Adam started to close at the end of the race but whenever he got withing 5 secs i would put my fuel up and extend it further. Didnt have Kers for a few laps on two occasions but didnt change anything. Its fair to say it was handed to me on a plate but im glad i was consistant and the results are finally changing for me after a poor start.

See ya at Silverstone Very Happy

bobjim123 (LM)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum