Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Canadian GP - Race Reports

5 posters

Go down

Canadian GP - Race Reports Empty Canadian GP - Race Reports

Post by Rob-Lee77 (DRT) Wed May 29, 2013 6:16 pm

post below....
Rob-Lee77 (DRT)
Rob-Lee77 (DRT)

Back to top Go down

Canadian GP - Race Reports Empty Re: Canadian GP - Race Reports

Post by Seanbbb90 Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:37 am

qually 3rd...Race was goin well, was in 2nd with adam abit faster behind bt about 7secs behind n oni 6 or 7 laps left i believe bt i pitted fo options ((BIG MISTAKE)) track was still to wet i went bk n bk n bk to 6th bt lukily lapped other cars to stay 6th bt im a risk taker if tht wud ov payed off (pitting) it wud ov bin gud!! bt it neva bt il learn from tht.All in all tho an enjoyable race so nt all bad Razz

Last edited by Seanbbb90 on Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Seanbbb90

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:40 am

Qualy - Last: Didn't set a lap as I knew I would loose out massively due to my gearbox.

Race - 5th: Race started dry so I decided to start on Options and got a good start but had to lift off first corner due to the mask breaking early so lost the place I gained. I then started fighting my way up the field eventually getting up to 4th after a series of good overtakes, 1st sector flawless. Pitted for options again as I knew the rain was coming and I wanted to make up time on Sean who lied in 3rd, timed my pitstop perfectly and was catching 3rd at 1second a lap and pulling away from the guys behind.
Then it really started raining and again I timed my pitstop perfectly and remained in 4th a couple of little mistakes allowed weasel and mansell to catch up and that's where the battling started we were at eachother for many laps until I made a little mistake which lead to weasel tapping me round and mansell overtaking me, I the waited 1 lap to long to pit to inters this put me back in 6th and miles behind 3rd 4th and 5th but I was 45secs clear of 7th so was just getting to the line. Sean made a mistake by pitting onto options so I overtook him and claimed a very promising 5th on a track that doesn't suit the car so I'm very happy.

I'd like to congratulate MVA on his win and Mansell for a very good comeback race Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by mva335i Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:01 am

Quali - 1st

Race - 1st

I did a lot of practice in the past week so it paid of. The little demon called ''disco'' seemed to be elsewhere tonight and taking advantage of that, i managed to actually finish the race.....hahah...
Was a bit nervous for the first two corners - a very tricky part on Canada - of the first lap but everything went smoothly so that was it. The car felt really good i have to say so it allowed me to build a good gap up to the first pit stop at lap 10.
Again after pitting and having the option tires due to upcoming rain i managed to open the gap again a bit. Then the rain came hard so i pitted 3 times in total getting inters, wets and inters again a few laps before the end.
I'm very happy with the result as i felt that my hard practicing paid off. Congratulations to everyone again.

You know what they say guys...Your win counts only as much as your adversaries does. And for me this wins counts a lot! cheers

mva335i

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob-Lee77 (DRT) Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:57 pm

qualy 4th
race 7th
good start maintained 4th opened a small gap but made a small error allowing sean to catch up,we were side by side down the straight we both made it in the chicaine but had some contact.i was annoyed but realised it was just an unfortunate incident maybe I should of backed off,but I got a 10sec pen for my sins and rejoined last I think.later in the race I couldn't cope with brains straight line speed down the straight so I conceded the chicaine but took a bad line and got a puncture and a lost wing so that put me stone last.then it was a scrap to the end to see what points I could pick up.
must say well done to the force india team.
Rob-Lee77 (DRT)
Rob-Lee77 (DRT)

Back to top Go down

Post by MansellsMum Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:28 pm

Back in the cockpit after 8months off, it was all a bit of a mission, and never doing a wet race on 2012 made this a tough ask for me. After a reasonable start a bit of bumping left me last and 3 secs back... Got my head down and got chasing. My race really revolved around racing Weasel and Bobjim... We all kept swapping positions and I consider that i landed myself a lucky 4th in the end. Nice to be back thanks guys for the opportunity.

MansellsMum

Back to top Go down

Canadian GP - Race Reports Empty Canadian GP - Race report

Post by Reddweasel Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:16 am

Quali - 2nd. Only a 1:13.9 but on my inter setup, knew it would rain here.

Race - 3rd. I was surprised by how fast the two Force Inida's were from the get go. MVA pulled out a gap and Adam kept me under pressure. By lap 7 my tyres had gone pale and I was struggling a lot more than I had in practice. Adam and I had contact in turn 5; start of sec 2, no one's fault really and I fell back further at the end of the same lap going deep into the final chicane and slowing down off track. I nearly pitted prior to this and rued my decision not to as I had another coming together at turn 1, this time with Brian. Possibly my fault as I hadn't appreciated that he was outside of me and as I drifted left to take the corner I came across him, so apologies for this. On spinning out I found myself at the back of the field and pitted at the end of lap 8 and made another msitake by pitting for primes and not the faster options with the rain setting in.
Anyhow, a game of two halves and the second halve proceeded a lot better:

I seemed to pit at all the right times, I pitted on inters a lap before most getting me ahead of Thee Mask, Rob and Brian I think. Up to roughly 6th and I pitted for wets at exactly the right time; a lap before everyone else. This got me right up behind Mansell and Bob. Although the Ferrari felt relatively 'grounded' and Bob and Mansell were bouncing off the walls I still struggled to get past, and when I did I made a mistake to let them back in front. Bumped into the back of Bob at turn 2, he was very slow and struggling for grip through here, but I still shouldn't have caught him. Anyhow I let him and Mansell back through and we continued with some excellent racing with the three of us through the wet for about 8 or 9 laps. This ended when I took a risk; after sliding once or twice on the wets I decided to pit for inters a lap before Maunsell and Bob. This seemed to work as I passed them when they pitted a lap later, with Maunsell about 5 secs behind. I quickly passed Sean too, who risked going to Options too soon, a mistake I made last year! With approx 6 laps to go I managed to keep my lead to Maunsell on inters on a fast drying track. One more lap and I think Sean would have found his options beginning to work!
Bad start, but good excellent tyre judgment by me ,for the first time, led me to finish in 3rd and get a fourth podium on my swansong in Ferrari.

BTW: The rumour mill is that I am following my old teamate into the * Dasterdly Mean Machine that is Lotus.

See you all in a couple of weeks.

Redd.
Reddweasel
Reddweasel

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanbbb90 Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:13 am

ye man tht'l be gud Very Happy

Seanbbb90

Back to top Go down

Canadian GP - Race Reports Empty brians report

Post by Rob-Lee77 (DRT) Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:38 am

QUAILY 8TH with a 1:15 nothing i had been showing in practice due to the fact it would eventually rain RACE think everyone got off clean great battles in the race with sean and rob at the time rob get cruelly took out commin towards the hairpin sean sends me off track be more careful in future it wasent just me he hit early or later on in the race weasel drifts into me no harm done before the rain payed i was really in the mix i was up to 4th rain then destroyed my race due to tyre issues and cound not drive in the rain like i was doing in the dry oh well look promising for this track all week shame the rain had to destroye it but nevermind if it would have stayed dry i would have been up there but in the end a rain lashed 8th
Rob-Lee77 (DRT)
Rob-Lee77 (DRT)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down