Bahrain GP - Race Reports

Post by Rob-Lee77 (DRT) on Sat May 11, 2013 11:24 pm

post below....

PRO3 MONACO GP WINNER
Rob-Lee77 (DRT)

Back to top Go down

RR

Post by Guest on Mon May 13, 2013 9:32 am

Coming into this race weekend, I felt my pace was around 5th fastest. During free practice the best time I could conjure up was a 1.32.3 so I was around half a second off the ultimate pace of the initial pace setters.

Coming into qualifying I knew I wasn't fastest so I was contemplating breaking the rules and not setting a time, which would have enabled me to start on fresh tires but alas I decided to go against that and try to set a decent time. I set three lap times on 1 lap on 3 of the option tires all within a tenth of each other and I ended up with a 1.32.737.

For me qualifying wasn't that much a success being 4 tenths of my best but all in all I have to be happy to line up 4th on the grid being 0.796 off pole position.

Got off the line fairly quick compared to my starts in free practice and I jumped to 3rd on the first lap in which I sat for the entire race until Adam lost connection pushing me up to 2nd. I was very wary of 3rd has I was very aware how much a 2nd would mean so for me the last 10 laps was all about looking after the car and tires etc etc.

All in all this was my best result of the season but not my best race, very happy with the podium looking at my pace in free practice, hopefully I will get more of the same next week in Catalunya.

Back to top Go down

Re: Bahrain GP - Race Reports

Post by Rob-Lee77 (DRT) on Mon May 13, 2013 10:02 am

qualy 7th
race 4th i knew i didnt have the pace for qualy so i elected to go on primes.
got a decent start off the line,couple of drivers had minor collision so i emerged in 5th on lap1,had a nice little battle with mask early on,i was aware i was holding him up but i couldnt go any faster as we were on different tyres,but the racing was clean and fair,really had a quiet race after that when i realised 4th was in the bag i backed off and coasted for the last 7 laps.im happy with the result i didnt feel comfortable pushing my car round bahrain,so yeah 4th is good.

PRO3 MONACO GP WINNER
Rob-Lee77 (DRT)

Back to top Go down

brian johnsons race report

Post by Rob-Lee77 (DRT) on Mon May 13, 2013 10:16 am

Qualy 10th not a decent time but to bad Race going towards the first corner i think ive my have hit bob got quite far up the field but faded away had no decent battles it was more like taking over me really stuggled around the track but kepped going to the end consistancy there but not got the speed at the minute but im learning all the time hopefully all the practice will pay off in the end and have some good races but not to concered at the minute taking every race as it comes and im greatful for the points im picking up but all in all it was a greatful 9th lets see what spain as to offer

PRO3 MONACO GP WINNER
Rob-Lee77 (DRT)

Back to top Go down

Bahrain Gp - Race Report

Post by Reddweasel on Tue May 14, 2013 12:42 am

Quali - 3rd.
In practice my best timed lap had been a 1:32.5 and I'd seen others particualrly the Williams improving latyer in the week so was surprisingly pleased I got a 1:32.7 on my first flying lap a couple 100ths ahead of Bolokov. So much so I actually did 3 stints running only 1 flying lap per stint in quali as I knew I needed to ave my tyres as much as possible.

Race - 3rd.
Got a clean start and lost my position to Bolokov at the first corner. First couple laps went fine and had a gap to Rob behind who ahd been caught in melee at the first corner. Passed Bolokov around lap 2 or 3 but thne came across Adam going wide at turn 4, went with him side by side through turns 5 and 6 (4th gr lefthander and 5th gear right hander) and beat him to the 2nd gear hair pin in sec 2. Suddenly Adam appeard a corner or two ahead of me, so lag of about a third of a sector! This threw me slightly; looking at positions/map etc and not the track and I went late into the difficult lefthand 1st gear turn and hit the wall damaging my front wing slightly. Fell back to 7th behind Rob and Thee Mask but put in some consistent laps and was chasing them down. Thee Mask went really wide into turn 1 around lap 8 and I chased Rob until I was all over him at lap 11 when I pitted. I knew, if I remained consitent Rob would be my main competitor. Managed to remain consistent againon Primes and passed Burty (On older tyres I think) in the DRS zone and passed Bobjim as he too pitted. Rob came out about 5 secs behind me when he pitted approx lap 16 so I knew I had to keep him behind until approx lap 24 of 28 when I suspected his options would start wearing off. Unusually I managed to remain consistent and kept Rob to 5 secs. This grew as the race went on and I eventually finished about 12 ses ahead and in 3rd after Adam's disconnection.

Conclusion: Lucky to pick up 3rd after Adams disconnection but am really surprised but pleased I'm starting to find some consistency. I'm sure this won't last! But I hope it does. Really enjoying my racing and this league and the guys in it at the moment.

Redd.

Race wins: 2 - China & Great Britain

GT5 - Slam the duck and I'll break your neck!
Reddweasel

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanbbb90 on Tue May 14, 2013 6:01 am

qually 5th better than expected.Race was the worst in ages tbh bt 8 points so ok i suppose Mad

Seanbbb90

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down