Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaysian GP - Race Reports

5 posters

Go down

Malaysian  GP - Race Reports Empty Malaysian GP - Race Reports

Post by Rob-Lee77 (DRT) Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:07 am

Post below....
Rob-Lee77 (DRT)
Rob-Lee77 (DRT)

Back to top Go down

Malaysian  GP - Race Reports Empty Re: Malaysian GP - Race Reports

Post by Porschedude911 Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:58 am

Qualy - 8th my lap time was way off what I know I can do. If I did what I did in my practice it would have got me 2nd or 3rd.
Race - 9th. Points are points I suppose but its what could have been that annoys me about this race. Had a decent start and got up to about 4th or 5th. At the end of the first or second lap I got nailed up the inside by redweasel (however I don't blame him as later on it seemed like he was lagging on my screen so this could have been the cause). I got back going and was doing well but my tires gave up really early resulting in me going off twice, losing about 4 or 5 places and having to pit very early. Primes was pretty average only really suffering when encountered with the seeming lag of redweasel and bobjim (briefly). As with my options my primes were deteriorating fast. There was rain predicted so I was desperately hoping for rain as dizzy approached. Alas it didn't come quick enough. My battle with dizzy was short lived due to tyre wear and I essentially cruised to the end in fits of laughter at bolokovs fury at being taken out.
Porschedude911
Porschedude911

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanbbb90 Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:40 am

qually 1st..Race gt good start cookster nearly gt by then he did bt slipstreamed bk past then i was controllin the gap wich was quite easy as cookster n adam was battling fo 2nd,pulled about 4 secs gap then messed up abit then my lead was cut to 1.5 secs bt stil led it was fun cz i ad gud pace to be consistent wi cookster bt it was like who ever messed up wud catch quik cz there was nowt init in lap tym at end ov each lap.Now cookster pitted i ad a nice lead n rob was 15 secs behind bt he ad nt yet pitted so i new ild be cumin owt infront ov him n cookster a futher 5 or 6 if ild av pitted then i wud av cum owt in 2nd bt crucially infront ov cookster any way i stayed owt tyres got worn quikly n i ad a few messups fo next 2laps so now i new i ad to pit fast bt also new ild be cummin owt 2nd,pitted cum owt6 n half secs behind bt pushin hard bt fractionally faster then cookster i new it was goin to be hard to catch bt in the end finnished about a second n half behind..all in all gud a race tho!!

Last edited by Seanbbb90 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:29 pm; edited 2 times in total

Seanbbb90

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob-Lee77 (DRT) Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:51 am

qualy 9th finished 4th
got a good start and was up to 7th straight away,gained further place due to driver erorrs.
i basically then settled down in 5th i think and set about chasing mva and adam and managing a gap to nikiloudenough.
i caught mva and felt i had the pace on mva for a short while but mva overall pace was better.as for the result im very happy with 4th as i said earlier that day im expecting 5th at best.ive had a solid start to the season and hope i can maintain this level.
gutted for my team mate as i know he had probs during the race but im so glad he finished and got us some points.
Rob-Lee77 (DRT)
Rob-Lee77 (DRT)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:35 pm

Qualifying - 3rd

I don't think any of us were able to set anywhere close to our PB Qualifying times due to the cold temperatures. A 1.36.9## was 8 tenths away from my best but still pleased to get 3rd.

Race - 1st

A more or less perfect race from my POV. There was only 1 real mistake that I made during the race which was due to being caught out by the early braking of another driver.

I was able to get a good start and was up to 1st by the 4th corner. Sean nicked back 1st due to his superior downforce. I had a few battled with some guys. MVA did hit me off Turn 9 causing me to lose a position, but due to him not finishing the race, it is no use putting a video and appeal up. Just be more patient next time bud.

After that, I was kind of residing myself to bagging a 2nd position, but as Sean went further and further into his stint on the Options (Up to about lap 17). The chance of scoring another win was becoming more and more realistic. He pitted and came out around 7 seconds behind me. The last 7-8 laps were intense as I was unusually struggling on fuel and he was catching me at a rapid pace. Fortunately I was able to cross the line 1.8 seconds clear.

I think it was definitely BBBSean's race if he had pitted 2-3 laps earlier, I think that was the downfall of his race.

Back to top Go down

Post by BrianJohnson43 (GP4 Mod) Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:21 pm

qualy 12th on primes hopin for an advantage but never happened RACE off the line decent approaching first corner few cars got took out witch got me up to 7th approaching the hill going up next corner de je vu happened on me again i lost my wing am sure the tracks have got something against me nevertheless it put me back to last witch was 13th lose of connection and a dnf got me up to 11th some incouragement came out of the race i was 1min 20 secs behind and pulled the gap back to 30secs and i would like to thank rob for telling me not to give up because in some parts of that race i really did want to give up
BrianJohnson43 (GP4 Mod)
BrianJohnson43 (GP4 Mod)

Back to top Go down

Malaysian  GP - Race Reports Empty Malaysian GP

Post by Reddweasel Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:03 am

Quali - 5th

Managed to get a 1:37.3, not a time I thought would get me so high up the grid but didn't appreciate the fact the track was cold and so my time was not bad considering. NB: My Team mate Sean still got a 1:36.2 which is exceptionally impressive!

Race - 10th (I think!)

What can I say? I'm going through a steep learning curve at the moment is my only excuse. Going from being at the back with Thee Mask I'm now mixing it with the midfield but am struggling at times, particularly when attemting to overtake and moving from the driving line I'm struggling to see my braking points; twice this caught me out, end of 1st lap I braked too late into the final corner trying to retake Rob and I caught the back of Porschedude and made him spin (I apologise profusely once again) and on the last lap at the same corner attempting a last ditch pass on Burty I saw what was going to happen so I actually put my foot down and sped up hoping to fly in front of Bolokov, missing him and off into the run off pit area, unfortuantely I caught the front of Bolokov causing him to lose a place to Burty. If its any consolation I dropped back to 10th with a total 20 sec penalty. I hold my hands up to these two mistakes and plead gulty to any subsequent appeal that comes forth.
I seem to be going through a bit of a bad patch at the moment, or a steep learning curve, whichever way you want to look at it and sincerely apologise to any injured parties. I look to China witht he single aim to finish with no time penalty and no race incident, of my doing anyhow!

Redd.
Reddweasel
Reddweasel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down