British GP - Test 1

Go down

British GP - Test 1

Post by Rob-Lee77 (DRT) on Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:13 pm

please post your race report below.describe your qualy and race and if you think you could have improved on your preformance.

PRO3 MONACO GP WINNER
Rob-Lee77 (DRT)

Back to top Go down

Re: British GP - Test 1

Post by Porschedude911 on Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:03 am

Qualy - 6th not too bad my personal best I think. Ended up on a low with a crash that ended my qualy prematurely.
Race - dnf. The race was weird at the start with a lot of lag but that soon went away. Had some interesting racing with thacookster for a long period ( kudos to you. Some close racing there, was fun) he eventually got past and then I got tangled up in a chain of incidents with bbb that resulted in me getting two penalties. One where he seemed to hit me up the inside yet I got a penalty and another where on drs I was overtaking bbb and clipped him which sent me onto the grass. I lost control and slid across a corner kind of sideways. I got a penalty for corner cutting so I retired.
Porschedude911

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:12 am

Had a great quali, was only 1 second off pole which is encouraging. I showed good pace again through the race and again was only a second slower than the fastest lap but due to my hand i didn't have the consistency.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:19 am

Qualifying - 7th
I knew that I wouldn't have the ultimate pace to get near the top but I failed to equal my best that I did in the previous qualifying session (which got cancelled)

Race - 6th? I think...
That was the part where I knew I would be pretty competitive at the top. What can I say? MVA was out of touch from anyone, kudos to him. He was a class apart. Other than that, to be frank there was some amateur driving, some excessive defensive moves and also people returning to the track/not using the break when they loose control (which lead to my wing being broken).

All in all, I think there was definitely potential to get on the podium which is one positive I can take out of the race. Also good to note that I have a really good battle with PPorschedue and Dizzy! Other than that, I think there is a lot of room for improvement from the league in general, there was some race craft in the race which was questionable. At the moment there is a big difference between PL1 & PL2 at the moment. I hope this can be worked on and improved for the future.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanbbb90 on Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:59 am

qually 2nd/3rd**RACE_I was quite fast bt sluggish/rusty nt raced fo a while so thts my reasons fo a few incidents,porsche/cookster truth with u porsche u wasnt racing me today...n i lost controll n went on the grass then bk on trak n hit u ((cookster)) so dnt hint mate jst say it how it is! all in all a race to forgot but thts partly why its testin ryt....!

Seanbbb90

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob-Lee77 (DRT) on Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:27 am

dissapointing qualy 5th.1min 32.9 i could not seem to put a lap together.
race 2nd which im really pleased about.i spun at the start of the race which put me over 8secs off the back of the field,my option stint was not going well so i decided to pit 2 laps earlier than planned,i think this move paid off big time as i maintained a very solid pace.i never thought i would get 2nd but i managed to grab it with around 6 laps to go.
i would like to mention how well brian did this week.he was lapped test1 and he gets a podium test2.
good qualy by mva and redwessel.
looking forward to austrailia,new car new team mate,should be good.
ps well done to the 1 arm bandit,for showing good potential.

PRO3 MONACO GP WINNER
Rob-Lee77 (DRT)

Back to top Go down

Post by BrianJohnson43 (GP4 Mod) on Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:39 pm

qualification 4th 132.9 not the best ive done but pleased as it went for the race was second for a good stint of the race but had 3rd in the end
BrianJohnson43 (GP4 Mod)

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzymind on Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:35 pm

Qually p.10 was not about to get the pace so i gambled for a primes-option strategy.

race p.4

must say my strategy has never worked better then yesterday evening. i knew my first stint would be long but the clean air would by my calculations send me up being 5th or 6th, when i came out of the pit i was in 5th. Battling over p4 with cookster was one of the best on track battles i ever had. Clean and respectfull from both parties. Patience is key, i didnt want to rush into a silly overtake move so i waited and waited untill i saw my chance and grabbed it with both hands. The results are good, i'm happy with my race position, for sure when you see i climbed 6 positions. Thanks everybody for a great race. some might have to work on their race craft tho. the roling start made me allmost cry, its NOT that difficult we SHOULD be able to do it. ive done plenty before so i know its possible.

FOCUS!

dizz

And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

SITE ADMIN

dizzymind

Back to top Go down

British GP

Post by Reddweasel on Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:17 pm

Quali - 2nd.
Got a 1:32,3 second session around, one of my best in the Ferrari.

Race - 10th
Lots of incidents Kept with front pack initially and up to 2nd after Sean and Cooks coming together. But as tyres wore messed up first corner and went wide in turn 2. Caught Thee Mask a lap later at turn 3 spinning us both (sorry bud). Was passing Burty on hanger straight when he jinked to the right sending me into the wall. Pitted and did ok on primes was catching Sean and Cooks but accidentally hit Sean on the final chicane if i hadnt i'm confident i could have passed them with 2 laps to go and fresher tyres. Didn't help i had a screaming wife and kid who wouldn't go to bed all through the race.
Two points; 1 this is one of my best tracks and 2, even here i show i can 'hit' the odd couple of laps timewise but consistency is my main problem. Hopefully this will get better over the coming season.

Redd

Race wins: 2 - China & Great Britain

GT5 - Slam the duck and I'll break your neck!
Reddweasel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down