British GP - Test 2

Go down

British GP - Test 2

Post by Rob-Lee77 (DRT) on Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:45 am

Please describe your qualy and race. State if you think you had a good qualy and if you think you could of done a better time,and the same for the race

PRO3 MONACO GP WINNER
Rob-Lee77 (DRT)

Back to top Go down

Re: British GP - Test 2

Post by Porschedude911 on Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:50 am

Pretty poor qualy for me but don't really think I could gone much faster. Race started well I gained a position at first corner then a lap or 2 later took Brian. Was going well but my tyres were dead and I slid off letting Brian back past. As I came back on made contact with someone (dizzy I think, I take full responsibility) and spun which put me pretty much at the back. Had a few fights with Brian but got 5th purely due to Brian and redweasel spinning out / crashing.

Last edited by Porschedude911 on Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Porschedude911

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:59 am

Qualy - Pole (1.32.580): Not a bad lap but could of gone quicker but still qualied 0.6 ahead of my team mate who qualified 2nd.

Race - 2nd: Good get away, maintained my lead and pulled out a 5second gap on Rob and MVA but at end of stint spun which gave Rob the oppurtunity to overtake (which he did in the pitstop phase)
Kept making mistakes and finished 2.3 ahead of MVA and 14 behind Rob :L

I feel without the big mistakes i made i could of been very close to Rob if not ahead of him, Big improvement needed in the race :L

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzymind on Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:40 am

Qually - 7th i think, or even 8? dont remember well. I waited to long to come out and only had one chance to put a lap, witch i screwed up. saved the tires a bit, since i had only done one lap on them. Always a good tactic.

Race 4rth.

Since the bad qually position i had to work my way trough the field and lost a lot of time on the leaders, had some intresting battles with redweasel in the first and second stint. Him being faster in one sector, I faster in another. He went in the pit a bit early so i tought that would play in my advantage towards the end of the race. I recall him being close behind me and then a loud BANG ... no more weasel in the mirrors. It was at corner one so i figured he must have hit the corner to soon and crashed into the wall. After that i was pretty much on my own. managing the tires since i wouldnt be able to catch the front. I also remember having contact with a ferrari early in the race, that apears to have been porshedude. I didnt wait after he spun since the contact happened during him rejoining the track. I didnt feel responsible for the incident. I carried on and had a good race. my pace was simmilar to the front runners as they werent able to increase the gap with me. if i didnt loose that time overtaking the field i could have been in for a podium battle. Good fun anyways.

Thanks for racing

btw: when you are being lapped you dont have to get scared and pull your car into the wall, the circuit is pretty wide Wink

And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

SITE ADMIN

dizzymind

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob-Lee77 (DRT) on Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:38 am

Qualy went ok,ihave done better but the 1min 33.1secs is my average time in the sauber and i was pleased to qualy 2nd.
finished 1st and my race was fairly straight forward maintaining a controlled gap to my team mate.i was bumped off early on but this actually helped me despite costing me around 5secs as i could put my foot down and concentrate on my own race.
was very pleased with my overall race pace and consistency was quite good and thats what won me this race.i got distracted near the end as my team mate lost some time and i was more concerned if he was going to lose his second place.
i do believe theres nothing seperating myself from my team mate,its just i had more consistencey on that particular day.really happy for our 1st and 2nd though.

PRO3 MONACO GP WINNER
Rob-Lee77 (DRT)

Back to top Go down

British GP - test race 1

Post by Reddweasel on Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:40 pm

Qualified in 5th with a 1:34 6 (I think). Can go better, the night before I posted a 1:33.2 that would ahve got me into 3rd I believe.
Dropped a couple of places at the beginning with a poor get away and was infront of Dizzy and Burty only chasing the Ferrari's.
Think Brian went wide early on at end of DRS zone (I herad him complaining about the not so prancing horse he'd been given!) and passed Dizzy after he and Porcedude had a coming together at turn 3. Kept good pace with MVA from laps 3 to about 7 with Dizzy 3/4 secs behind.
But tyres were wearing out (I'd mistakingly done 4/5 laps on them in quali) so pitted early on Lap 9.
After the pitstops I found myself a couple of seconds behind Dizzy again. As he correctly states we were pretty close. I got the fastest lap and then proceeded to cut the first corner too much and hit the barrier, really thought this was the end of my race when I was bouncing across the gravel backwords.
Managed to limp back to the pits and come out last. Quickly passed Burty who pitted (Second time?) and caught up Bobjim who'd lapped me. Tried a Hamilton/Vettel and re unlap myslef as I was quicker on new set of Options but due to my accident had no DRS for 4 laps. Eventually got it back and passed Bobjim. Chased down Brian who was struggling in the red horse and managed to pass him on the penultimate corner.

If it hadn't been for my accident I think I would have finished 5th. Don't think I would have passed Dizzy in the end; I would ahve sufferred more severe tyre wear than him and would have struggled in the end.
I also predict that had Thee Mask been here he would have finished behind Dizzy in 5th and in front of Porchedude.

Thanks,

Redd.

Race wins: 2 - China & Great Britain

GT5 - Slam the duck and I'll break your neck!
Reddweasel

Back to top Go down

testing

Post by BrianJohnson43 (GP4 Mod) on Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:23 am

qualified 4TH with a 1:33.4 witch i am proud of 1st and second sectors quickest on track mistakes cost me as it goes for the race got up to third but locked up witch put me back to last good few battles with porshedude witch i enjoyed but very nervous in the race due to lack of no assists and racing with new drivers and can i say it was a honour and a privilege to be racing with these guys and to be racing as a pro league guy myself ive only had my assists of for a few days and the encorage ive had i have pleased myself im really looking foward to racing in pro league 2 and am really looking foward to the season
BrianJohnson43 (GP4 Mod)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down