INDIAN G.P - RACE REPORTS

Go down

INDIAN G.P - RACE REPORTS

Post by Guest on Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:19 am

Please post below.

Back to top Go down

indian gp race report

Post by Guest on Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:20 am

qualified 2nd - was made up with second, about six tenths off pole i think, considering i only had couple of hours practice.

race 2nd - got a good start, ashley ran wide at turn three, allowing me to take the lead. Whilst he was battling with burty i managed to pull out a 10sec lead. Even then though i knew ashley would catch me. I stayed ahead until stop2, approx lap 24, where i stayed out to long. Ashley closed gap, and when i came out of pits he was only a couple of seconds behind. I couldnt concentrate on the primes, ashley got passed and pulled out a lead. I wasnt going to risk 2nd place so i sat back, and my fuel was on optimal for the whole last stint so i couldnt of pushed even if i wanted to. Fuel light came on two laps from end so i just backed right off, and came home second. Championship is almost gone now, if i win the last two races, ashley only has to score 11 points to win, but, he deserves it !!

Back to top Go down

Re: INDIAN G.P - RACE REPORTS

Post by Guest on Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:33 am

Q - cant remember maybes 7th

Hardly driven the track at all and not much practice, ashley gave me a set up which i used other than i tweaked the brakes and bias a little.
Went out on primes and done an average lap and didnt have time to go out again.

R - 3rd

Got a good start but burty i think it was, in front had a bit of a slow getaway and i had to lift off a touch and i dropped back to last.
Half way round there was a big incident between 3 or 4 cars and i moved up, had bbb behind who i was fending off for a couple laps until lap 6 when antonios spun and as i came round the corner he started reversing and i nearly ploughed into him! Just missed him by milimetres and this through me out of sync and bbb therefore got me with drs down the straight.

A couple guys crashed out or spun and moved me up and for the last 15-20 laps i had an awesome battle with burty.
I was chasing him down and catching and putting in good consistent laps including the fastest of the race.
We pitted at the same time but the numptys decided to take 5.8 seconds to change tyres, yes you read that right, tyres not a front wing.
I now had to chase him down again which i did akd managed to pass as he made a mistake.
I started pulling away but my fuel management was pants and i had to chuck it in lean which resulted in him catching me.

Unfortunately my video stopped recording on lap 43 which im gutted about as on lap 44 i spun going onto the lng straight and burty got passed.
Not really sure if i got tapped or not but i chased him down and i believe he let me back passed as he was unsure to, cheers.
Lap 45 ive never sweated so much playing an f1 game before as he was on my rear pretty much the whole lap.
I had to make sure i hit every apex, got my turn in right, braking right and my gear changes right for every corner which i just to say managed to do to finish 3rd.

Overall i thoroughly enjoyed this race, i have raced in many leagues against many drivers since the realease of f1 2010 and this race probably ranks 2nd on my all time list of favourite races.
Thanks burty for an awesome online experience and congrats to ashley, hopefully i can make the last 2 races so STR can become WCC champions.

Last edited by Genarel_Dread on Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:12 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by ANTONIOS1978 on Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:43 am

STR TEAM worked very clever in India! Basketball
ANTONIOS1978

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:50 am

In what way?

Back to top Go down

Post by ANTONIOS1978 on Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:54 am

in good way mates!!
ANTONIOS1978

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:46 pm

Qually: Ran out of fuel about a second before the line as the car stuttered over the line I beat my previous time by 2 tenths for pole.

Race: Not the best start off the line wasn’t sure where Stopper was into turn 1 but got through cleanly then went too deep into turn 3 ended up on the grass on the exit and could just see cars streaming passed which put me down to 6th then on turn 6 there was an accident in front of me and I couldn’t avoid the backwards facing Mercedes and took slight front wing damage but was up to 4th.Then I had a fun battle with Antonios for about 3 laps overtook with DRS and the fun continued as I tried passing Burty for 2nd then Stopper was 12 seconds down the road pretty much matching his time on the first stint got the time down to about 7 seconds on the second stint pitted on lap 24 for primes Stopper stayed out for a few more laps and with newer tyres took 4 seconds out of his lead and closed the gap and passed into turn 10 for 1st place. Car felt more stable on primes and was able to push harder than when on options and steadily pulled out a gap. Really enjoyed that race coming back through to take 1st , ran high wings in the race which was slower through sector 1 on high fuel but made the time up in sector 2 and 3. It was a shame Antonios lost connection in that race and with only 2 races to go it looks like the championship is mine to lose and looking forward to Abu Dhabi.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanbbb90 on Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:01 pm

i was expectin last place as this is worst trak on game fo me (i lyk it bt im jst slow onit) any way gt gud start my aim was mainly to beat porsche n i was till i tuk abit to much curbe then my ***** wheel cum off or sumat bt next to races are gud so ye want a strong finish ready fo f1 2012

Seanbbb90

Back to top Go down

Post by ANTONIOS1978 on Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:41 am

what can i say for the race report ... lost connection........... affraid affraid affraid affraid Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
ANTONIOS1978

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down