Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Italian Grand Prix - Race Reports

4 posters

Go down

Italian Grand Prix - Race Reports Empty Italian Grand Prix - Race Reports

Post by Guest Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:09 am

Please post below

Back to top Go down

Italian Grand Prix - Race Reports Empty Race Report Monza

Post by Guest Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:45 am

Qualified 2nd

Thought people were going to be a lot quicker on qualy laps to be honest, so i went out early, which is something i never do!! First fast lap was 1.19.1 which put me in second. Ashley was on prov. pole with a 1.18.4 i think. Debated whether to go back out, but decided to wait and just see. Luckily enough think the next fastest ( porschedude ) was a 1.19.3, so didnt see point of using more tyre trying to go quicker when i wasnt confident of going 7 tenths quicker, decided to use the extra rubber in the race Exclamation Exclamation

Race 2nd

Was hoping for a similar start to last weeks abandoned attempt at monza, where i went from sixth to second. No such luck this week Exclamation wasnt too bad, but porschedude nailed his start and flew past me. Not sure if it was lap 1 or 2 that i locked up into turn 1, and unfortunately collected porsche as he was on my outside, luckily enough we both were able to carry on undamaged. Sorry mate Sad ( i had my mic off, so i couldnt apologise at time ). Kept making silly mistakes, ran wide on turn into ascari, which seen me have to stay off the track as there was a row of cars behind me, eventually rejoining on the exit of ascari after everybody had passed safely. So from the back, which luckily was only 7th, Sad i began to get my head together. With only doing 1 hot lap in qual, my options lasted 3 laps more than most others. Pitted on lap 12 and came out behind antonios. We had a very good clean battle for approx 5-6 laps. We both were a bit weaker in different parts of lap , so when we got passed, it was a bit difficult to pull a gap, both of us using drs on pit straight to overtake. Antonios pitted lap 27 i think, for options, so i thought. My primes were still doing well so i stayed out till lap 32, knowing that going onto options, i would be able to attack for the final 8 laps. Came out and antonios was about 8-9 seconds ahead, but i knew his tyres would be going off very soon. Only problem was i only had optimal fuel Sad . Left it on low mix hoping to see +1 in last couple of laps. Kept driving hard and was catching antonios steadily, when with two laps left +2 appeared on the fuel, whacked it up and reeled him in. Actually got behind him at beginning of lap 39, so stayed behind him until i could use drs on pit straight going into final lap, otherwise he would have used it against me!! Had a nice surprise when i got along side, he was on primes, that just give me the extra motivation to nail it on final lap as my options were still fine. Finished second, 25 secs behind ashley. So i closed the gap on antonios to 11 points, but ashley with his win, is still in third but only about 5 or 6 points off me in second. So coming towards the end of the season, its going to be squeeky bum time for the remaining races. I can see this championship getting won at brazil, where only one persons gonna be laughing at the end, and i sure as hell hope its me Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Great race.

Back to top Go down

Italian Grand Prix - Race Reports Empty Re: Italian Grand Prix - Race Reports

Post by Guest Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:11 am

Q - 6th

Went out on the primes and done an ok lap but could of gone quicker so slightly disappointed

R - 4th

Didnt really have the pace early but had a couple decnt battles, pitted lap 18 and this is were my chance of a podium
disappeared as i could of stayed out another 3-5 laps and do a 1 stopper.
In the end i possibly could of still done a 1 stopper but antonios was catching me and im sure he didnt have to pit again
and stopper came in the pits so i chose to pit on lap 32 to try and undercut him but it didnt work.

Disappointed with 4th as i believe i had the pace to get a 2nd or 3rd but my strategy was pants, onwards to singapore which
im looking forward to but the 75% distance will take it out of me and no doubts i'll be sweating buckets by the end.

Below is my race

1) Skip to 14:40 for the bbb - rob lee incident

Back to top Go down

Post by Porschedude911 Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:20 am

Q- I had a blinding qualifying for what I had been expecting and got 3rd. A tenth or two off second. R- start was spot on and instantly took 2nd. End of lap 1 had a coming together with antonios which set me back a little. Then the lap of horror, lap 9. It was the last corner of sector 2 I was pushing hard to get back into contention and I gunned I too early and started a slide, I was expecting light front wing damage from it coz it looked like only a very small tap but it was enough to put me out of the race and take away what I believe would have been my first podium.
Porschedude911
Porschedude911

Back to top Go down

Post by ANTONIOS1978 Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:50 am

i hadnt the faster setup in monza. i dint work hard for this. Conditions in Crete is very hot! close to 40 degrees .... in room 35 .. great beaches, the choice was most cool! Anyway. 4th in the qualifier. the race I was second after a mistake rob. Behind me was the stopper in which we had for 6-8 laps very strong battle. perfectly clean, and I want to thank him for that! I had wrong tire choice on lap 30 which it cost me the second position! I have to try harder the next races! i' m loosing valuable points!
ANTONIOS1978
ANTONIOS1978

Back to top Go down

Italian Grand Prix - Race Reports Empty rob-lee77 report

Post by Rob-Lee77 (DRT) Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:39 pm

qualy:really bad qualy 5th or 6th,was puzzled by this as 20mins before i was doing 1.18.6 which would of got me about 2nd on grid.
race:good start soon got up to 2nd and had good pace.ash got a 4sec lead but uor pace was quite similar,then came in pit end of lap 10 to maintain my advantage on fresh tyres on the rest of the field.but on exit i was taken out,put back to 6th then i basically never recovered.eventually finished 5th.where i possibly might of got top3.but thats racing
Rob-Lee77 (DRT)
Rob-Lee77 (DRT)

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanbbb90 Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:23 pm

qualified last tuk a few cars then started loosing time so pitted on lap 17 for primes which tuk me to the end i fort i myt av made up places bt i neva !! Evil or Very Mad

Seanbbb90

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:27 pm

Qually: Great qually managed pole was suprised by the gap i had fought it would be much closer.

Race : Fantasic start off the line got the perfect amount of revs and zero wheel spin and the car just took off had a sizable lead into turn 1 so i was able to brake early and get cleanly through,then was able to increase my lead as the cars behind were fighting for position.On lap 3 or 4 Rob set the fastest lap and was chatching me so i turned the engine up to counter and pulled out about 5 or 6 seconds before his first pit stop then i waited for everyone behind me to pit so i could rejoin in 1st,Had a solid second stint on the option tyre then pitted on lap 24 for the primes had to run about 7 laps on low fuel and the other 9 on standard.With Rob being unlucky on his pit exit and the guys behind me battling for position lap after lap i was able to pull out a comfortable lead and had a relatively easy race to finish in front off my rivals.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:23 am

Great race mate u were dominant

I obviously cant win WDC and looking at the constructor tables its looking pretty spicy, my aim now is to help scuderia torro rosso win the WCC Very Happy

Should be a great battle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down