German GP - Race reports

Go down

German GP - Race reports

Post by dizzymind on Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:57 am

post below

And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

SITE ADMIN

dizzymind

Back to top Go down

Re: German GP - Race reports

Post by ANTONIOS1978 on Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:37 am

I had a good race in general! I liked the mixed conditions albeit with a little challenging in the wet! rob was very fast there! When it started to dry out faithfully the upload speeds, but once again I had problems with my result Tyres to enter the pit lane 5 rounds before the end! failed to reach the rob. ran out of petrol in the last round in drs zone... 2nd place give me 18 points. very good for me!!!
ANTONIOS1978

Back to top Go down

NOT MY FAVOURITE TRACK!!

Post by Guest on Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:55 am

Qualified in ninth I think, about two seconds off pace. Been struggling all week. So what better than a wet race lol. Got reasonable start. Was a few cars pointing in funny directions in first corner so made a few places up. Next ten or so laps was just trying to keep it on track. Got upto fifth with pitstops, track dried out, went to stop but slid out of pitlane just missing pit wall. Then track was dry, still had full wets on, sliding everywhere. Battled round to pitlane, optons on, and foot to floor. Managed to find the grip couldn't find in practice. Was flying, but was too far behind. Caught up burty in last three laps, he was 8 seconds ahead. Seen he was on primes and got passed him,but put front wheel on grass on inside of turn five and spun on last lap, letting burty back into sixth. Brought it home seventh. Not too disappointed but lost lead of championship by one point. First time outside top four Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Porschedude911 on Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:01 am

Qualy wasn't great for me so I started 6th. As for the race, all I can really say is I wish it had stayed wet. Off the line I was rapid getting to 3rd by the first corner, but I got on the throttle too early and spun (in my opinion, the game said it was burty spinning me and gave him a drive through, but I font think he did make contact) so that put me in last when I rejoined but once again my wet pace was good and I quickly made it back up to 6th which is where my battle with chaparral began. I was faster in the wet but it started drying up and he nailed the pit stops and eventually pulled a massive lead. Last lap I was 10 secs ahead of burty, entering the last corner and disaster struck I hit the pit wall losing my front wing and burying it in the gravel. Luckily got out just in time to beat burty to the line. This has been my favourite race of the season so far
Porschedude911

Back to top Go down

German gp report

Post by Rob-Lee77 (DRT) on Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:10 am

qualified second on the grid which i was very happy with as i set a new personal best just half a tenth off pole.as for the race i was very concerned as myself and my team8 had done no wet practice.got an amazing start straight into 1st place then was even more surprised about my pace in the wet,pulled out around 10 seconds in the lead then i lost the back end losing my wing,so i decided to put inters on as rain was lighter.my times dropped by over a second a lap for 4 laps then the inters started working.then lap23 it was time for dry tyres then i switched to primes til the end of race.last 5 laps had huge pressure from mansell and antonios as they were both on options and i was on very worn primes,i just managed to hang on for the win.what a race and what relief lol

PRO3 MONACO GP WINNER
Rob-Lee77 (DRT)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:20 pm

Hopefully thats my worst race off the season out of the way,Forgot to change brake settings before the race so had to brake so early just to avoid locking up changed to inters to early and pretty much ruined my race somehow got a drive through penalty i think it was lap 19 was on worn inters i was at turn 4 leaders were coming through turn 1 spun the car on the exit of 4th and was on the grass on the right of the track by the time i recovered the car i saw the leaders coming past so i waited for them to pass before rejoing the track and when i did i got a drive through for illegal blocking.

Back to top Go down

Post by Burtyburton on Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:48 pm

Qualiy wasn't the best as i started 8th. Then at the start of the race it started raining and on the first corner on the first lap i had a drive Thru penalty for doing nothing. then my race was getting better after i did my penalty i pitted on the right laps to change my tiers. I was getting faster through the race the around about the 27th lap the stewards gave me a dive Thru penalty for apparently turning in on the bbbBoys going into corner 13 but i was going on my usual racing line. But at the end of the race me and stopper was battling it out for 6th place he over took me on the 44th lap then on the last lap he spun it so i took 6th place.

Burtyburton

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanbbb90 on Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:46 pm

well my race woz easy as in not bein able to fite people.Wont doin bad in wet then trak ad dryish line so pitted fo primes (engineer) telling me to go fo inters but i new this wasnt my best trak so fort ild gamble bt dint pay off then i lost place after place after place bad race but ive nt scored for 2 races so 1 point better than nowt lol

Seanbbb90

Back to top Go down

Post by Porschedude911 on Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:36 am

Just thought I'd mention that in my opinion this was the closest/ most well fought so far. Well done guys

Last edited by Porschedude911 on Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Porschedude911

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaperalSA on Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:09 am

Quali
Wasn’t great but managed to get 5th 0.497 off pole.

Race
Start
Race started in the wet. Was poor off the start and was down to 9th as we got to the first corner but managed to sneak through to 5th coming out of the corner. Burtyburton pitted so I moved up to 4th.

Lap 5
Ashley ran wide at the first corner which allowed me to move into 3rd. was on the gearbox on Antonios and tried a pass but backed out. Lost a bit of momentum and Mansellmum was there to pounce passing me for 3rd. At the entry to ....... Ashley nudged my rear sending me off track and lost another place to him and re-joined 5 seconds behind him (don’t think he even knew he made contact with me).

Lap 9
Ashley pitted and moved up to 4th.

Lap 10
Pitted and fitted a set of inters. Struggled for the first 3-5 laps on them. Re-joined in 9th 2.7 seconds behind stopper.

Lap 12

Ran a bit wide at turn 1. Was more than enough space coming out of the corner however Pantelos pushed his was pass me (Felt that was a bit too aggressive). I let that get to me and resulted in me spinning a couple of corners later.

Lap 14
Passed Pantelos for 7th (he spun at turn 1)

Lap 18

Passed my teammate at the back straight for 6th.

Lap 19
Passed Stopper for 5th place.

Lap 20

End of lap 20 pitted for a set of options and floored it. Rejoined in 6th 5.4sec behind Burtyburton.

Lap22
Passed Burtyburton for 5th and Porschedude for 4th (he pitted).

Lap 36
Pitted for a set of Primes (not sure why should of went with options)

Lap 44
Passed Mansell for 3rd (he spun) then had to fight to hold him off for 3rd.

Overall
Was a bit lucky but happy for a podium and some good points for Mercedes.
ChaperalSA

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanbbb90 on Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:30 pm

ye n thts wat i call detail lol lap by lap analysis lol Very Happy

Last edited by seanbbb90 on Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Seanbbb90

Back to top Go down

better late than never

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:22 am

been on me hols soz..so didnt do this til now and misssed the hungarian GP too Sad..but i do have a nice tan!

My Race was all good..had a few inevitable bumps and knocks in the rain..but nothing sinister that effected my race too much... my strategy was bang on and i found myself in 2nd on fresh options with only a handfull of laps left...antonios had made good tyre choices too and was behind me in 3rd. I followed rob closely knowing his primes were worn and was really just waiting for the right opportunity...sadly i let myself get to tight behind rob into turn 5 (coming towards the end of sector 1) and my team mates braking caught me out a little and i lightly brushed his back wheel...in the dry it would have been no problem..but in the wet the car lost all grip and span me out into fourth. chased Chapel who finished 3rd hard for the final lap..good fun..and a great win by Rob.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down